Saturday, January 4, 2014

Let's recap.


2013 is officially dead and gone, dead and gone.

However, the memories made and relationships built still live on! Let's recap, shall we?
This year was a pretty awesome for us.
We adopted a puppy
...or  I just picked one up out of a box that said, "puppies for sale" outside of Walmart and took pictures with it.
We got our craft on.

We also learned how to cook & stuff.
We took our car, Carlos, on many adventures where we encountered wild creatures such as buffalo, elk, moose, bears, and our very own family.
Nathan and I also got to show off our mad skills in various sports such as soccer, volleyball, and of course, dodgeball. We even got to play on a couple of the same teams. I was a huge fan of this because I could sneak kisses and pinch Nathan's butt whenever I wanted. He'd usually swat me away, pretending like he didn't like it, then throw a wink at me. We're totally in love.
Unfortunately, we only documented soccer events. Volleyball we didn't document because Nathan was too busy yelling at my coaches and cheering on my team and me like the wonderful husband he is. Dodgeball we didn't document because 
A) we both played on the same team and 
B) by the end of the game, everyone would be too pissed off to even think about taking pictures and smiling. 
If there's anything I've learned about dodgeball, it's that it transforms people in terrifying ways. 
Either way, we had a freaking blast.
Speaking of sports, Nathan, his brother, Cody, their father, Chris, and our brother-in-law, Eric all competed in a cycling race. They did awesome! They all made their goal of making it across the finish line after cycling 60 miles. We thought Bampa (Chris) was gonna have a heart attack, but he didn't. He made it :]
And please don't tell me how awesome Nathan looks in his cycling gear, because I already know. ;]
Oh, P.S. our apartment flooded. nbd.
This year I got to throw a couple baby showers. The first was for my awesome sister-in-law, Lindsey who was then carrying my niece. Her shower was themed, "She's About to Pop". 
The other was for one of my adorable co-workers, Ashley and since she was going to have a handsome little man, her shower was themed, "Ahoy! It's a Boy!" 
I had a lot of fun putting these showers together, but I was stoked when these showers were over because of all the left over goodies I got to take home with me. Yep, I'm a phatty and I wear it proudly.
Speaking of babies, our niece, Adysin came into the world! She's a snuggler.

My bro, his honey, and their little nugget: aren't they the cutest?

This year I also enjoyed the beauty of Facetime, Snapchat, Temple Run, and took a lot of flattering selfies.

Oh ya! I chopped off my hair. Goodbye 10 inches of headaches, too much effort, and ...*sniff* *sniff*... perfection.
We also did something I could honestly say I never EVER thought I would do: 
Go on a double date with my parentals. And like it.
And finally, we had a LOT of fun. We made up our own games, did a lot of laughing, cried a little, traveled, had snowball fights, played catch inside the house because we're adults, we played pranks on each other, got our cuddle on, spent time with family, made new friends and got to know old friends. 
When it comes to the whole "living" thing, I'd say we pretty much



No comments:

Post a Comment