Friday, January 3, 2014

Our story & stuff.

Yep, I'm officially one of those people. A Blogger.

And yes, this entire blog is dedicated slash centered around [in one way or another] what I love most: my hubby & foreva lova, Nathan, and our wonderful life together.

And whatever else I deem worthy of our blog.

But WHY?! Why blog? Well, because I do what I want. Cuz I'm an adult, man.

AND because I’ve sort of had this New Year’s resolution that I’ve basically renewed every year since I was about 12… it’s called “journal-keeping”.

I’ve finally come to grips with the fact that:
A) I suck at keeping New Year’s resolutions (which are ludicrous anyways because it’s way to much freaking pressure. I’m more of the goal-setting all-year around type of gal) and
B) I’m not disciple enough to faithfully keep a journal… which is mostly because I hate hand cramps and choose to avoid them when possible.

Which brings us to blogging! I figured blogging about my life would allow my creative juices to flow and it could be the new and improved version of journal keeping.

Plus, with this fairly recent upgrade to my life called “marriage”, I get to post tons of pictures and talk about a hot guy I’m crushing on and it won’t be creepy! Right?

...

Anyways, I figured the best way to start of this blog party is to tell you the short-ish version of the story of how the two of us met & stuff:

Once upon a time, in a far away land called Ojai, California, there lived two families: Shelbee’s family and Nathan's Family.

Nathan’s family were all faithful members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and Shelbee’s family was faithfully “church hopping”.

Nathan’s Dad and Shelbee’s Dad became friends. Yay!

Shelbee’s Dad took the missionary discussions and was baptized a member of the LDS church. Shelbee’s Dad then baptized three of his children, including Shelbee.

Woah! Turns out, Shelbee’s Mom was baptized as a member of the LDS (Mormon) church when she was 12! Cool! So, Mom became an active member once again.

Shelbee’s family moves out of Ojai and into Ventura.

Life goes on for another 10+ years.

Nathan goes on a mission to Concepcion, Chile. He learns Spanish (so hot). He thinks about Shelbee every once in a while.

Shelbee works and goes to school at Ventura College, then transfers to BYU-Idaho. She goes on a lot of dates… but something’s missing.

She thinks about Nathan and remembers that he is on his mission. She decides to write him a letter since she thought he was super hot...but chickens out and throws it away instead of sending it. She Facebook stalks him instead.

Towards the end of her first semester at BYU-I, Nathan gets home from his mission. Shelbee is looking forward to going home.

A few days after his return, she gets text messages from her parents, one right after the other.

She later finds out that her parents went to a church function and both saw Nathan. They were on DIFFERENT SIDES OF THE ROOM when they texted her.
  

First major sign that things could work out ^^

Shelbee gets home to CA from school and spends a lot of time admiring Nathan from a distance and flirting with him whenever possible. Nathan is shy... but likes her too.

Nathan and Shelbee go to a ward activity. Shelbee purposefully has her mom drop her off so she could get a ride home…

Nathan gives Shelbee a ride home. Fist pump.

Nathan asks Shelbee out on a date. Shelbee screams inside with excitement, and gently says, 
HELL YA. 

Or just yes.

They go on many dates. Nathan asks Shelbee if she would be his girlfriend. Shelbee thinks about it for a few minutes... and says yes.

Nathan quickly fell in love with Shelbee.

Shelbee quickly fell in love with Nathan.

The two lovebirds exchange "I love you's", hugs, and lots of kisses. They want to get married.

Nathan pops the question (that’s another story for another blog post)

Shelbee says, "yes" and happy cries. Nathan performs his victory dance then poses.




Nathan and Shelbee got married, exchanged V-cards, and now they are living their very own “happily ever after” consisting of Nerf wars, weekend adventures to nearby Yellowstone, staying up way too late talking, laughing ‘til they cry, shrinking each other's clothes, taking care of each other when they are sick, and much, much more.




6 comments:

  1. Love, love, love the new blog. Now at the end of each year you can print it up into a shutterfly book

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lori! I'm glad you like it :] I hadn't even thought of the shutterfly book--that's an awesome idea! I'm definitely going to have to do that!

      Delete
  2. Bahahahaha!! This may be the greatest love story of all time. Your parents are hilarious. I am so glad you are bad at journal keeping so we can read it all on here!

    Creeper status.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha! Why, thank you Kmber! I happy to say that being a horrible journal keeper is paying off!

      Delete
  3. Cute! I'll keep reading if you keep postin!

    B.

    ReplyDelete